Colin A. Daniels was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Unlike many attorneys, Colin knew that he wanted to practice law as far back as the fourth grade. When he was nine years old, his Grandmother asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up and he promptly replied “a lawyer.” Eighteen years later, he is doing what he loves and was born to do: assist people in their struggles against an all-to-often oppressive and unfair criminal justice system.
Colin graduated from Albion College in 2004 with a degree in Political Science and several Dean’s List honors. After completing his undergraduate studies, Colin joined the Americorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), determined to spend ample time helping those in need. For nearly a year, Colin traveled the Southeastern United States performing community service projects for individuals and organizations in desperate need of help. His work, which was all unpaid and usually consumed between 50-60 hours per week, included building houses with Habitat for Humanity, supervising and conducting controlled burns of overgrown forests, removal of invasive plant species, maintenance of hiking and canoe trails, and tutoring grade school children in math and science. It was during this important period in his life that Colin not only met the love of his life but also realized that his heart lay in helping others, and ultimately, in criminal defense.
Immediately following his term in Americorps NCCC, Colin attended The University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in Detroit, Michigan. While attending law school, Colin participated in Moot Court and was in the top of his class in his Advanced Legal Writing Seminar. In addition, Colin interned with the Washtenaw County Public Defender’s Office during his first two years of law school and with a small criminal defense law firm in Ann Arbor, Michigan, during his final year of law school.
Colin is now admitted to both the State Bar of Michigan and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and is currently employed as a Senior Trial Attorney at Rockind Law in Southfield, Michigan.
- Areas of Practice:
- Criminal Defense
- Litigation Percentage:
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Bar Admissions:
- Michigan, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 2008
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Albion College, Albion, Michigan
- Major: Political Science
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- State Bar of Michigan, Criminal Section
- Past Employment Positions:
- Washtenaw County Public Defender’s Office, Law Clerk, 2006-2009
- Simon and Geherin, P.L.L.C, Law Clerk, 2007-2008
- Americorps NCCC, Assistant Team Leader, 2004-2005